Thursday, September 27, 2018

Our God of Miracles is already showing up

When I arrived in Brussels I was disappointed to hear from Bonnie that she had been stuck on the tarmac for 2 hours in NYC due to a storm and so she would surely miss the flight to Brussels. I was so sad I didn't even stop for my usual Starbucks as I went to the gate. But I did read a note sent along for that day from friend Lory Q. It was a short note about our God being a God of miracles. I tucked it back in my bag.

Bonnie's flight arrived in Brussels 15 minutes before we were to take off, and there was a long walk, a shuttle bus that only runs every 10 minutes and then another long walk to even get to the gate. I sat down in my seat and prepared for take off. As usual for these very large, full flights, we got off about 15 minutes late, and after the doors had closed, just as we were starting to taxi someone in a bright pink shirt plopped into the empty seat ncxt to be, exhausted from running, and said "I'm here!"

Miracles have already started. Bonnie's bags did not run as fast as she did, so those hopefully will arrive tonight.

We were met at the airport by Gilbert, Pastor Samuel and two of the mothers from Love With Actions armed with big smiles and beautiful bouquets of flowers for our room. After a night with some sleep we are off to Rilima Hospital today to visit several of the LWA kids who are being treated there for orthopedic issues.

Keep up those prayers for miracles...

Sally & Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment